Our Enviromental Policy
Environmental Policy - Office Needs Direct
With its nationwide provision of office supplies, furniture and related products, Office Needs Direct (UK) Ltd is aware of its environmental responsibility in providing this service. Office Needs Direct (UK) Ltd aims to be the principal source of supply to businesses and home workers in the UK and Northern Ireland markets, and in doing so recognise that our operations, and that of our wholesale and logistical partners will have an impact on the environment. Concern for the environment will be a fundamental part of decision making in all aspects of the company’s activities and that of our partners. All company and partner sites will implement and support the environmental management system that is appropriate to their potential environmental impact, and part of this goal includes working to achieve the ISO14001 accreditation.
Office Needs Direct (UK) Ltd together with its wholesale partner will aim to:
- Operate in ways that contribute to lowering energy and fuel usage, reducing carbon emissions, and reducing and recycling waste throughout the entire supply chain;
- Analyse our activities to ensure any risk of pollution, contamination or other environmental impact is controlled and, if possible, eliminated;
- Ensure, as a minimum, compliance with all applicable legal requirements, as well as meeting or exceeding other requirements appropriate to the company’s activities;
- Recognise our key stakeholders environmental interests, and work with them to ensure their interests are considered in our environmental strategies;
- Consider key suppliers’ environmental policies and credentials as part of the process for evaluation and selection;
- Monitor and report, internally and externally, the environmental impact of the company’s operations; and
- Strive for continuous environmental improvement through the setting and reviewing of objectives and targets.
The company Environmental Policy was first approved by the Directors of Office Needs Direct (UK) Ltd in January 2013 and will be regularly reviewed and, when appropriate, updated.
Office Needs Direct (UK) Ltd